Simon6809-Turbo is an improved version of Simon6809, so I can run FLEX 6809 operating system.
This project is retired and shown for educational value.
Simon6809-Turbo grow out of a curiosity to run FLEX operating system.
- modular board design (CPU + PIA + USB/SDCARD + …)
- 512KB RAM (w/ memory banking since 6809 can only see 64KB)
- ShadowRAM for ROM code.
- support for multiple PIA and I/O devices.
- USBWiz OEM Board for USB Host capability + SDCARD access
- SDCARD for emulating Flex Disk Structure.
- LCD Display support
This may be the first 8bit computer to have USB Host capability :)
As much as this design was powerful, it was complicated for somebody else to build due to use of GAL’s for address decoding and RAM bank support.
USBWiz OEM Board (USB Host & SDCARD):
CPU + IO boards together:
CPU + IO + USBWiz boards together: